Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Parking Enforcement Union

My sense is that these people's lives suck. Even I, who tries as hard as possible to see other people's perspectives, can't stand them. And I'm sure they don't make enough money. So today I'm offering to help for all of our sakes.

Parking enforcement people should form a horribly powerful union and walk out if they don't get their way. They should be paid a lot cause they have a terrible job. And they should be able to make judgment calls like real cops instead of blindly enforcing the stated rules.

Seriously hear me out. Traffic cops can watch you run through a yellow light that might just have been red and choose not to pull you over. They can watch you driving 75 in a 65 and choose not to pull you over cause other people are going 80 and 90.

Parking enforcement on the other hand (at least in every way I've ever encountered them) must ticket you for even the tiniest infraction (btw, this is me giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they aren't just total pricks).

So you're running to the meter to drop another coin and they see you and you see them. They should be able to give you a little nod to let you off easy. And they shouldn't have to worry about their jobs for doing so.

Basically I want them to have more personal authority and a stronger cash flow so they don't have to be so angry anymore. And maybe then we won't have to be as angry with them either. And so the city is going to make a little less cash. I don't care about that. They're lucky I'm not calling for the end of paid parking right now. Or better still the dissolution of all political bodies.

So there.

No comments: