Sunday, July 13, 2008

Social org chart

Ok, this may already exist on Facebook. I think that's where it should exist.

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know. I started my own social networking site called SeanIsAwesome. You should check it out. Ok, that was a joke. The real website is here.

But the actual idea is for an application on Facebook that keeps track of who knows who, who's dated who, worked with whom (for variety), etc. And then it lays it all out in a big old chart. I'm rather unfamiliar with charts so I don't know what kind it would be. But you'd be at the center and anyone you had a connection with would spiral off of that. And that person would have people pointing to them. Any mutual connection (someone you're friends with) would be one color and anyone you shared a link with (dated or worked with the same person) would be a different color.

God damn it I wish I could draw this right now. It would make so much for sense.

But you could see all the connections between friends we never get to know about. This coworker of mine dated a girl I knew in high school and also my best friend? Weird. I did not know that. Thank god for this flowy org chart gadget (developed by some handsome young man I bet).

No comments: