Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Chamber Pit

There has to be a better toilet out there. I know this isn't my first toilet post and that might seem weird, but it is part of our everyday and I have no problem working on these problems.

Now I am thinking firstly about low environmental impact, meaning less water and no strange chemicals. And I'm also thinking about more easily fit into different rooms.

I sort of envisioned a porcelain hole in the ground that has a sort of hermetic plug over it. (That is, I think the whole water thing has a lot to do with the fact that toilets don't seal.) Perhaps there is some special kind of material that is best for this too, that doesn't allow anything to cling to it, such that a small amount of vacuum pressure when sealed could do all the transporting for you. Oh and I'm only thinking about this as sort of an augmenting object, adding to the availability of places to go to the bathroom in the house, as opposed to a complete replacement of the bathroom proper.

Anywho. Yup. I write these things.

No comments: