Monday, December 22, 2008

Pop music

Obviously music is always evolving. And there are sounds we can't even imagine that will be commonplace in our lifetime.

I'd like to try and speed that process along. And I'll be up front...I have no idea if anyone but me would like to hear it. But eh, whatever.

So let's take traditional pop songs and play them with weird instruments. I'm not talking about covering the standards, I'm talking about writing new music that you'd hear on top 40 radio...and then playing them with a saw. Or some crazy wind instrument made from root vegetables. The harmonies and melodies would all sound familiar...but there'd be something really different.

This could be cool. Where's Kanye on this one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we need more Kazoo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNNhFG4jiSA