Sunday, December 14, 2008

TIVO for the internet

So a friend told me this is basically like Google. Ok, true, one feature is no different than a search engine. But the second part is more like TIVO.

Ok, so I plug into this search engine and I search for something. Let's say I want to watch the "Dick in a box" video. Easy enough. So I search it, find it, and watch it. But the search engine records all that and then it says, "hey, you might like "Jizzed in my Pants." and it tells you how to get there.

It mostly works for entertainment sites because if you're just looking for some information it would be annoying if you kept getting referrals to other information on the thing you already figured out. Like, I don't need another recipe for bread pudding. This one is fine.

But yeah, guiding you to entertaining things based on other entertaining things you like is totally helpful.

No comments: