Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where there's a will

Today's idea is to find a way to like something you kind of would otherwise hate. I'll give you a for instance example to help with the understanding:

I hate the most recent single by Offspring. I think it's called "Hammerhead". Anyway, it's all balls. But then I started imagining that an actual soldier wrote it (given its thematic nature). And once I'd convinced myself of that the song became ok. How about that?

So yeah, if you have to tell yourself a little white lie in order to start appreciating something, then I say go for it. And maybe it isn't about lying. Maybe it's about taking something you initially don't like and looking at it from every goddamned possible angle looking for any little piece of it you can appreciate.

What would this accomplish? One never knows, but it might broaden the old horizons.

No comments: