Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Video Texting

I just went to google.internet and searched for "video texting". And all I got was a bunch of actual videos on how to text. Which is stupid in its own right. If you can figure out how to watch a video online, I'm sure you can figure out how to text.

But wouldn't it be cool if you could take a short video on your phone and send it to someone? That would be amazing. You could send video of all the crazy shit you encounter in your travels. And I think all the infrastructure is in place to do this...you just need to be able to capture video on a phone. Which I don't think most phones let you do. But I think this would be rad. And way cooler than picture texts.

I just realized they probably aren't called "picture texts". Cuz, um, text implies something other than a picture. But fuck it. I just want a way to quickly send video clips from my phone.

The next step is to do this with audio. Why not just call someone? Because sometimes you just want to tell someone you're 5 minutes late and you don't want to send a text message. The stuff we need to do this are all there. And it would make my phone kick significantly more ass.

No comments: