Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The best hike ever

I've had this idea for a while now. I'm not quite sure where you could pull it off, but I would imagine it's possible along California's coast or somewhere in Europe.

The idea is to take a two week vacation and spend a few days hiking/ backpacking to a luxury resort and then stay there for a few days and then spend a few more days backpacking to another resort and so forth and so on until your vacation is over.

Sounds fun, right? Or you could spend a week in each instead of breaking it up every few days. I just think the contrast of each experience would really make you appreciate them both even more.

This might work best if it were organized by a tour company so you didn't have to do all the mapping yourself....though maybe that would be part of the fun.

And then again maybe this is one of those things that only I'm going to like.

No comments: