Saturday, August 2, 2008

Amazing Finds

We've suggested a couple of book and movie ideas here (or maybe only I have) but we haven't gone the incredibly easy route of suggested ideas for coffee table books. Well guess what? I have an idea for a coffee table book. If it's good enough for Kramer, it's good enough for me.

The idea is to chronicle people's amazing garage sale finds. I think it could be expanded to flea markets as well, but those people tend to know what they're doing (hence the "finds" aren't so great). So you'd be looking for awesome stuff at a really cheap price. My friend found a pair of perfect fitting cowboy boots for $2.00. She'd been looking high and low for a pair and then she found them super cheap at a garage sale of all places. I think one page would be a picture of the item, and then the other page would be a short description by the finder. Where, when, how much, why it was a cool find. Some stuff might have sentimental value but it would probably be more popular if you just focused on the more broad value of stuff.

This would be rad and I would go right and not only purchase it, but I would also purchase a coffee table to put it on.

Fuck it, I love this idea. I might do it tomorrow.

No comments: