Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Matchstick Beds

Why come beds only come in 4 sizes? With I guess two more modifications that actually constitute two more sizes but whatever. Last night I slept on my queen bed piled high with stuff, and just enough room left over for me. Plenty of space side to side and still it is somehow not quite long enough.

So I'm purposing a new type of bed. And I'm also going to purpose more generally a custom bed sizing place. Plus they could make crazy bank because you'd have to buy all of your sheets from them too. See. Money in the hand.

But back to my bed. The Matchstick bed. Super slender, way thinner than a standard Twin bed, but also quite a bit longer, even more so than an extra long twin. These would be perfect for the military and boys dormitories at boarding schools (or orphanages...do they even have these things anymore?) And I'm also thinking you give it a slight cushioned sidewall type canting. Nothing crazy, nothing that is going to drive you into the center of the bed. But like a built in pillowing a the sides that you can sort of flop your leg up on to or cuddle into. i think they could do this with memory foam totally easily. And I think they should. Jerks.

No comments: