Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Friendly college

So, like, dance lasses are fun. And photography classes. Basically the electives we all took in college and high school are pretty fun to take through the rec department as adults. But here's a way to make them MORE fun. Take them with friends. I don't mean a singular friend. I mean fill the entire class with people you know so no one else can sign up. Better yet, the rec departments could accommodate this so that if I bring them ten people with checks they'll let me tell them when I want the class to be. Why not? All they have to do is find an instructor. And they put class schedules together in an arbitrary way anyhow. So if they know a class is gonna be full and paid for, they can make it work for me.

And how much fun it be to engage in these kinds of elective activities with friends? You could switch up partners in dance, make jokes during art, etc. It just sounds extra wonderful.

No comments: