Monday, September 22, 2008

What would it be like if...

...I lived in Alaska? That's the idea for my new facebook application. Based on the information it can pull from your profile it will tell you what life would be like if you lived in a variety of different places. So if it knows how old you are, what your job is, and some of the things you like, you can select a different country or city and it can tell you some specific things that might be different. Hopefully we'd get the full range from the light-hearted to the very serious. So it might tell me if I lived in London that I'd like soccer and be supportive of this political party, I think that would be neat. I guess it's more like if you from that place, not just if you lived there.

What would my life be like if I lived in Africa? Probably pretty different. What would I eat? What kind of work could I do? What sort of government would I be dealing with? Maybe it's all pretty superficial, but those are the only thinks that we can really say for certain would be different. Maybe I wouldn't care about sick kittens if I grew up in Germany but we can't say that for sure. I mean obviously we can't say any of this for sure...but we can make some reasonable guesses.

No comments: