Thursday, October 16, 2008

Impressions during interviews

Not sure if this is really in line with the spirit of this site, but just once could someone interview Frank Caliendo without having him do some impressions? I mean, the guy might be interesting and even funny without pretending to be one of the many people he impersonates.

I think this could be extended to every impersonator really. It's like they're not even human. They're just a joke machine that the host or hosts feel obligated to laugh at. I know I've heard you say "Boom!" as John Madden about 4 billion times, but let me fake laugh for five minutes anyway.

My idea eliminates the fake laughter. And Frank (or impersonators in general) might feel a little more human.

That should be our tagline. Aught Empire...helping celebrities feel more human.

No comments: